Optoelectronics Field Applications Engineer-Bilingual in Chinese
Sep 14, 2016
Company in South Plainfield, New Jersey is seeking a bilingual in English and Chinese Field Application Engineer who will be supporting customers using Optical Transceivers used in FTTX products, Datacom products, and Telecom Products.
- Should have strong understanding of how Optical transceivers work in target customer applications.
- Responsible for guiding customers in architecture, schematic and layout activities during the product design phase. In depth Knowledge of PCB design, high speed signal integrity, clocking and power distribution are essential during remote and face-to-face meetings.
- Should have proven problem-solving skills. He/she must be able to comprehend what is happening in a customer system. Coordinate with our China team and quickly recommend steps to isolate and fix problems.
- He/she will be an important member of our technical team contributing to product concepts and features per customer inputs.
-He/she will routinely attend product roadmap and strategy meeting with R/D team in China.
- BSEE/MSEE or higher degree.
- Desire and ability to work with customers, Sales, marketing, and engineering.
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment and troubleshooting techniques at 1Gb/s -10Gb/s products.
- PCB experience (design, schematics, Layout, signal integrity)
- Peripheral design experience ( power distribution/filtering, clocking )
-Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication ( Chinese and English )
- International travel
- Experience with multiple of the following subjects highly desirable:
Optical transceivers ( GPON, EPON,XFP, SFP, SFP+, CFP2 )
Lab Equipment Hands on Experience ( Scope, BERT )
FEC ( Forward Error Correction) techniques
High speed PCB design ( 1G/10G/40G/100G )
SONET/SDH, Ethernet, Fiber channel, Mixed signal design and test